Dec 16, 2008

Eyelash Lei


http://www.joyofcrafting.com/vidClips.html

When I was in Hawaii last January I saw leis made from eyelash yarn. I bought some yarn when I got back home but never tried to make one. I thought of it the other day. I was going to "Gooogle it" to see if there were instructions. Well, I could never remember it when I was near a computer. Finally, yesterday I saw a friend (who was from Hawaii) and I remembered. I wrote it down then checked last night. You use a straw to make it!! So I stayed up past my bedtime and made one. I'm not very good at posting yet so the link came first. There is actually a detailed video. Click on the link, then scroll down and look for On-line video "Straw lei by popular demand" and click on it.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Very pretty!! I'll look that one up. I think I saw those at "Tall Mouse" and I thought they were awfully cute...

Barbara said...

Hey Shell,

When are you going to choose a picture to go with your sweet blogs?--looking forward to seeing what you decide since so many images could describe you if you are still pondering which photo to choose--a bright yellow sunflower, a pretty stack of buttons, a sweet tea cup...

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog